At Southcity Pharmacy we produce individualised medications including creams, mixtures and capsules in our on-site laboratory.
Our compounding pharmacists can work directly with the physician and patient to select a flavouring agent for their medication, which provides both an appropriate match for the medication's properties as well as the patient's taste preferences.
Why are compound medications prescribed?
- Preparation of medications using unique delivery systems. eg. a flavoured liquid instead of a capsule for patients that find it difficult to swallow
- Avoid unwanted ingredients such as dye, preservative, lactose, gluten or sugar
- Add flavour to make the medication more palatable
- Adjust medication strength
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medication flavouring
- Otic (for the ear)
- Pain management
- Sports medicine
- Wound therapy and many more!