At Southcity Pharmacy we produce individualised medications including creams, mixtures and capsules in our on-site laboratory.
Our compounding pharmacists can work directly with the physician and patient to select a flavouring agent for their medication, which provides both an appropriate match for the medication's properties as well as the patient's taste preferences.
For information in regards to compounding services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why are compound medications prescribed?
- Preparation of medications using unique delivery systems. eg. a flavoured liquid instead of a capsule for patients that find it difficult to swallow
- Avoid unwanted ingredients such as dye, preservative, lactose, gluten or sugar
- Add flavour to make the medication more palatable
- Adjust medication strength
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Medication flavouring
- Otic (for the ear)
- Pain management
- Sports medicine
- Wound therapy and many more!